Total Pageviews

Dylan Korkem CasaCalenda

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Okay we are finally back on track.

February 14th, 2011.

Dylan ended up getting really sick and we brought him to the hospital on February 4th and the doctor told us he had bacterial pneumonia. We hired a nurse to come to our house twice a day to give him his antibiotic through injection for 5 days. We also had nose drops and a pill to dissolve in water to give him 3 times a day. The doctor came to our house 5 days later to visit Dylan and check his lungs and said he was doing good. He prescribed him syrup, some more pills and a different type of nose drops for another 4 days. Dylan is doing much better now but we were really worried. A lot of kids adopted in Eastern Europe have a weak respiratory system.

I also got very sick shortly after Dylan was brought to the hospital. I was sick for a whole week and I refused to go see a doctor here. I was dizzy, nauseous and visited the washroom very often. Our coordinator said I may have caught a bacteria from the water, food or even from Dylan. She told us what medications to buy at the pharmacy and we did. You don’t need a prescription from the doctor for medications here so why go see a doctor???? I took the antibiotics for 3 days, I also had to drink a black liquid diluted in water 3 times and I seem to be doing better.
Dylan finally coming out of the baby house, then a week later getting sick with pneumonia, Stress, Anxiety was toooooo much for me to handle. I was so afraid of him getting really high fever in the middle of the night and we don’t even know how to call an ambulance that it was giving me mini panic attacks.
I must have had a combinations of things, I may have caught some kind of bacteria and everything else did not help the situation.
I’m doing much better now but I seriously need to get home. I think that once we land in Canada I will collapse but I really don’t care because we’ll finally be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment