Court date was rescheduled to September 8th. It really does not make a differece because we already know the answer......another denial and poor little Dylan continues to remain in the orphanage!!! :(
This court is just a waste of time because our only hope is at the Supreme court in Astana which is Kazakhstans' Capital and it "Should Be" around November / December!!!
Friday, August 27, 2010
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Good-Bye Dylan!!!
On Wednesday during our daily visits with Dylan we were informed that at the request of the prosecutors, they no longer want us to bond and visit the kids. The prosectors are also investigating the babyhouse and their procedures. Personally I just think they are trying to break the bond we have with the kids.
We weren't really sure if this was temporary or if it was for good. As we were saying our good-byes to Dylan and I brought him back to his room, it then hit me that it may be the last time we see Dylan!!!
On Thursday we were told that we cannot see the kids until we get a positive decision in court.
If we can't see Dylan then why stay here???? We stayed here 4 months because we could not leave without him, but now they really don't leave us a choice!! Who knows, maybe they'll begin the visits again after their investigations are over but we can't waste our time waiting around for people who don't care about us and especially who don't care about these beautiful kids.
We sent in our 2nd appeal on July 26th and we are now waiting for our regional court date with the 3 judge panel by approximately the end of August. If that is another denial, we then appeal again and our last court will be the Superior court which should be about November or December. We do not need to be here for these court dates.
We've been going crazy trying to find a flight back home because there are no seats available with the tickets we already have. We are now booking with another airline because we can no longer stay here suffering because we can't see Dylan.
We don't have the heart to go say our last good-bye to Dylan because it will just destroy us even more. We cannot live another good-bye like when we left him in December and this time it would be so much worse!!!!! These past couple of days have been the worse days of our lives!!!!!!!!!
We are leaving Taraz on Sunday night and will be with our other coordinator Sveta in Almaty until we leave on Tuesday.
Good-Bye Dylan,
WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT AND WE SEE YOU SOON!!!
WE WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH AND EVERYDAY THAT GOES BY WITHOUT SEEING YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE WILL BE MORE AND MORE PAINFUL!!!!
LOVE YOU FOREVER, MAMA AND PAPA
XOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOX
We weren't really sure if this was temporary or if it was for good. As we were saying our good-byes to Dylan and I brought him back to his room, it then hit me that it may be the last time we see Dylan!!!
On Thursday we were told that we cannot see the kids until we get a positive decision in court.
If we can't see Dylan then why stay here???? We stayed here 4 months because we could not leave without him, but now they really don't leave us a choice!! Who knows, maybe they'll begin the visits again after their investigations are over but we can't waste our time waiting around for people who don't care about us and especially who don't care about these beautiful kids.
We sent in our 2nd appeal on July 26th and we are now waiting for our regional court date with the 3 judge panel by approximately the end of August. If that is another denial, we then appeal again and our last court will be the Superior court which should be about November or December. We do not need to be here for these court dates.
We've been going crazy trying to find a flight back home because there are no seats available with the tickets we already have. We are now booking with another airline because we can no longer stay here suffering because we can't see Dylan.
We don't have the heart to go say our last good-bye to Dylan because it will just destroy us even more. We cannot live another good-bye like when we left him in December and this time it would be so much worse!!!!! These past couple of days have been the worse days of our lives!!!!!!!!!
We are leaving Taraz on Sunday night and will be with our other coordinator Sveta in Almaty until we leave on Tuesday.
Good-Bye Dylan,
WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT AND WE SEE YOU SOON!!!
WE WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH AND EVERYDAY THAT GOES BY WITHOUT SEEING YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE WILL BE MORE AND MORE PAINFUL!!!!
LOVE YOU FOREVER, MAMA AND PAPA
XOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOX
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Adoption Agency in Canada
Alliance des Familles du Québec
970, 8e Avenue
Laval, Québec, Canada
H7R 4L6
Phone : 450 627 2314
Fax : 450 627 2505
Email : info@adoptquebec.org
Waiting List 2010 List [Closed]
The waiting list for 2010 is now closed. Registration for Kazakhstan was suspended until December 2010.
970, 8e Avenue
Laval, Québec, Canada
H7R 4L6
Phone : 450 627 2314
Fax : 450 627 2505
Email : info@adoptquebec.org
Waiting List 2010 List [Closed]
The waiting list for 2010 is now closed. Registration for Kazakhstan was suspended until December 2010.
SAI - Secretariat a L'adoption Internationale
Suspension temporaire des inscriptions pour une adoption au Kazakhstan
2010 07 08 -- Le Kazakhstan, qui vient de mettre en place un processus d'accréditation des organismes oeuvrant en adoption internationale sur son territoire, ne traite actuellement que les dossiers qu'il a reçus avant le 25 mai 2010. Par conséquent, l'organisme agréé, Alliance des familles du Québec, ne prend plus d'inscriptions. Celui-ci déposera une demande d'accréditation auprès de l'Autorité centrale kazakhe ce mois-ci. Nous vous aviserons lorsqu'il sera possible de reprendre les inscriptions.
2010 07 08 -- Le Kazakhstan, qui vient de mettre en place un processus d'accréditation des organismes oeuvrant en adoption internationale sur son territoire, ne traite actuellement que les dossiers qu'il a reçus avant le 25 mai 2010. Par conséquent, l'organisme agréé, Alliance des familles du Québec, ne prend plus d'inscriptions. Celui-ci déposera une demande d'accréditation auprès de l'Autorité centrale kazakhe ce mois-ci. Nous vous aviserons lorsqu'il sera possible de reprendre les inscriptions.
Kazakhstan Adoption Alert
U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE
Bureau of Consular Affairs
Office of Children’s Issues
June 29, 2010
The U.S. State Department, Office of Children's Issues has issued the following Adoption Alert regarding Kazakhstan:
In May 2010, the Kazakhstani Embassy in Washington and Consulate General in New York stopped accepting new intercountry adoption dossiers. The Kazakhstani government said this policy on new adoption cases will remain in effect until the Hague Adoption Convention (the Convention) enters into force for Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan has indicated that it intends to enact its implementing legislation by September 2010. Kazakhstan will then need to issue Convention regulations before the Convention enters into force, so it is unclear when new adoptions will be processed there.
The Kazakhstani government has informed the Department of State that it will continue to process any cases for which the Kazakhstani Embassy or Consulate General had sent the prospective adoptive parents’ dossiers to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by May 25, 2010. These will be considered transition (“non-Hague” or Form I-600) cases; the policy on new cases will not affect the processing of these adoptions. For more information, you may wish to check the Kazakhstani Embassy’s adoption Web pages.
At this time, prospective adoptive parents should not attempt to initiate any new adoptions in Kazakhstan. The Kazakhstani government will not process any new “non-Hague” or Form I-600 cases. Additionally, since the Convention has not entered into force for Kazakhstan, USCIS cannot process a Form I-800A, Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country, where the applicants indicate their intention to adopt a child from Kazakhstan.
May 14, 2010
It is Joint Council's understanding that the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan has informed the Consulate General of the Republic of Kazakhstan in New York that effective May 15th the Embassy will temporarily no longer accept adoption dossiers, due to Kazakhstan's intention in joining the Hague Convention on Intercountry Adoption. It is unclear at this time how this will effect families who have received a referral in Kazakhstan, families who have previously submitted dossiers but have not yet received a referral, and families who had recently begun the process of adopting a child from Kazakhstan.
It is Joint Council's assessment that a suspension of intercountry adoption during the period of which Kazakhstan prepares to and implements the Hague Convention is not in the best interest of children and is in conflict with the very principles of the Hague and the specifics of the Hague Guide to Good Practice.
Joint Council will continue to communicate with our contacts with the U.S. Dept of State and the Government of Kazakhstan in assessing the situation and will update as more information becomes available.
Bureau of Consular Affairs
Office of Children’s Issues
June 29, 2010
The U.S. State Department, Office of Children's Issues has issued the following Adoption Alert regarding Kazakhstan:
In May 2010, the Kazakhstani Embassy in Washington and Consulate General in New York stopped accepting new intercountry adoption dossiers. The Kazakhstani government said this policy on new adoption cases will remain in effect until the Hague Adoption Convention (the Convention) enters into force for Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan has indicated that it intends to enact its implementing legislation by September 2010. Kazakhstan will then need to issue Convention regulations before the Convention enters into force, so it is unclear when new adoptions will be processed there.
The Kazakhstani government has informed the Department of State that it will continue to process any cases for which the Kazakhstani Embassy or Consulate General had sent the prospective adoptive parents’ dossiers to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by May 25, 2010. These will be considered transition (“non-Hague” or Form I-600) cases; the policy on new cases will not affect the processing of these adoptions. For more information, you may wish to check the Kazakhstani Embassy’s adoption Web pages.
At this time, prospective adoptive parents should not attempt to initiate any new adoptions in Kazakhstan. The Kazakhstani government will not process any new “non-Hague” or Form I-600 cases. Additionally, since the Convention has not entered into force for Kazakhstan, USCIS cannot process a Form I-800A, Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country, where the applicants indicate their intention to adopt a child from Kazakhstan.
May 14, 2010
It is Joint Council's understanding that the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan has informed the Consulate General of the Republic of Kazakhstan in New York that effective May 15th the Embassy will temporarily no longer accept adoption dossiers, due to Kazakhstan's intention in joining the Hague Convention on Intercountry Adoption. It is unclear at this time how this will effect families who have received a referral in Kazakhstan, families who have previously submitted dossiers but have not yet received a referral, and families who had recently begun the process of adopting a child from Kazakhstan.
It is Joint Council's assessment that a suspension of intercountry adoption during the period of which Kazakhstan prepares to and implements the Hague Convention is not in the best interest of children and is in conflict with the very principles of the Hague and the specifics of the Hague Guide to Good Practice.
Joint Council will continue to communicate with our contacts with the U.S. Dept of State and the Government of Kazakhstan in assessing the situation and will update as more information becomes available.
Friday, July 9, 2010
STRIKE 2!!!!
July 7th, 2010
Today was our appeal court date and after almost 2 hours in court, it’s another DENIAL!!! We were 4 families today that all had our court date one at a time and all 4 were denied. Fil and I were already told by several people that it would be a denial but when you hear it from their mouths a second time around it still hurts. There was a lot of debate going back and forth between the Judge, Prosecutor, the Ministry of Education, Guardianship Counsellor, Director of the Orphanage, Vera and Medet. Medet stood up and read them our appeal letter and then concluded with, “Let us look out for the Best interest of this child, Mr. Casacalenda and Mrs. Colasurdo have lived in Taraz 4 months and have bonded with Korkem everyday and really love this child and this child is really attached to them.” The judge responded, “ We have nothing against Casacalenda and Colasurdo family and there is absolutely nothing wrong with their file but the procedure for Int’l Adoption was not followed”. This is what is so upsetting, we are being penalized for someone else’s mistake. THEY HAVE BEEN DOING THINGS THE SAME WAY FOR YEARS BUT WE JUST HAPPEN TO BE THE LUCKY ONES TO GET PICKED ON TO START GETTING THEM TO FOLLOW THE PROCEDURES!!!! It just drives us crazy on how long they can drag this on and simply get away with it. Where do they get the courage to penalize the children and the adoptive parents who are the innocent ones in all this mess!!!!!
Tears were just running down my face in the courtroom and all I could think of is how much wasted time these people are taking away from these children to be in a loving home. International Adoption in Taraz usually took about 3 months from bonding to bringing the child home and right now it is almost 8 months and it’s still not resolved. The 1st denial was painful but the 2nd one made us really angry!!!
What’s next???? Well that’s another story!!! We thought it would be Superior Court but now we found out that we have to appeal again at the Regional level but this time with a 3 judge panel. It’s hard enough trying to convince 1 judge imagine trying to convince 2 out of the 3. There is no law that says we have to appeal again at the Regional level with the 3-judge panel but they told us we have no choice. We know the problem is in Taraz and that is why we were hoping to skip this cassation and go directly to the Superior court where our only hope to resolve this problem is at. We are stuck in a vicious circle and need to seriously think what we will do next.
Today was our appeal court date and after almost 2 hours in court, it’s another DENIAL!!! We were 4 families today that all had our court date one at a time and all 4 were denied. Fil and I were already told by several people that it would be a denial but when you hear it from their mouths a second time around it still hurts. There was a lot of debate going back and forth between the Judge, Prosecutor, the Ministry of Education, Guardianship Counsellor, Director of the Orphanage, Vera and Medet. Medet stood up and read them our appeal letter and then concluded with, “Let us look out for the Best interest of this child, Mr. Casacalenda and Mrs. Colasurdo have lived in Taraz 4 months and have bonded with Korkem everyday and really love this child and this child is really attached to them.” The judge responded, “ We have nothing against Casacalenda and Colasurdo family and there is absolutely nothing wrong with their file but the procedure for Int’l Adoption was not followed”. This is what is so upsetting, we are being penalized for someone else’s mistake. THEY HAVE BEEN DOING THINGS THE SAME WAY FOR YEARS BUT WE JUST HAPPEN TO BE THE LUCKY ONES TO GET PICKED ON TO START GETTING THEM TO FOLLOW THE PROCEDURES!!!! It just drives us crazy on how long they can drag this on and simply get away with it. Where do they get the courage to penalize the children and the adoptive parents who are the innocent ones in all this mess!!!!!
Tears were just running down my face in the courtroom and all I could think of is how much wasted time these people are taking away from these children to be in a loving home. International Adoption in Taraz usually took about 3 months from bonding to bringing the child home and right now it is almost 8 months and it’s still not resolved. The 1st denial was painful but the 2nd one made us really angry!!!
What’s next???? Well that’s another story!!! We thought it would be Superior Court but now we found out that we have to appeal again at the Regional level but this time with a 3 judge panel. It’s hard enough trying to convince 1 judge imagine trying to convince 2 out of the 3. There is no law that says we have to appeal again at the Regional level with the 3-judge panel but they told us we have no choice. We know the problem is in Taraz and that is why we were hoping to skip this cassation and go directly to the Superior court where our only hope to resolve this problem is at. We are stuck in a vicious circle and need to seriously think what we will do next.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)
